Exercise, Aging and Older Adults: U.S. Physical Activity Guidelines for Ameicans (2nd edition) - (8.5 CECHs, includes 3.5 for MCHES/advanced hours, $32.50). Learn about assessing data on health and older adult physical activity, analyzing relationships among sedentary and physical activity behaviors, determining needs for health education/promotion, and synthesizing findings from systematic reviews, develop materials and resources to implement physical activity to reduce falls and frailty; and improve physical function, brain health, cognition; serve as a health education/promotion resource person.
Developing Healthy People 2030 - Part 1 (8.0 CECH hours, includes 6.0 MCHES/advanced hours, $32.50). Learn how the 2030 national health goals are developed. This course covers meetings' goals, Secretary's Advisory Committee work and discussions, review of Healthy People 2020 outcomes, planning for measurable objectives, engaging stakeholders, evidence-based interventions, and resources.
Advocate for Health: Build on the Progress of the Affordable Care Act (10.0 CECH hours, includes 8.0 MCHES/advance hours, $32.50). Learn about the history of health care legislation, recent GOP repeal and replace proposals, supporters and opposers to ACA and GOP plans, recommendations and advocacy techniques. Practice applying critical and strategic thinking to project the impact of laws and policies, and influence decision-makers.
Prevent Gun Violence: Use the Public Health Approach & Evidence-Based Strategies (14.0 CECH hours, includes 6.0 MCHES/advanced, $35). Learn about the strategies implemented, how to determine and find evidence-based strategies to implement, Supreme Court decisions on permissible gun laws, and allies and opponents.
Leading Health Indicators (8.0 CECH/hours, includes 4.0 advanced, $30) Covers the smaller set of Healthy People 2020 objectives selected to communicate high-priority health issues and actions to address them.
The National Prevention Strategy (7 CECH/hours, 2 advanced, $30) The health care reform laws estalished an unprecedented opportunity to shift the nation from a focus on sickness and disease to one based on wellness and prevention with public and private partnerships and evidence-based actions.
Implement Healthy People 2020 (10.5 CECH/hours, 7 advanced, $30, comprehensively covers the recently launched Healthy People 2020 materials to understand, implement and marketing Healthy People 2020
Six companion courses to the Implement Healthy People 2020 course ($5 of each course fee goes to the Community Tool Box)
- Using MAP-IT to Mobilize for Healthy People 2020 (9 CECH/hours, includes 2 advanced, $30)
- Using MAP-IT to Assess for Healthy People 2020 (8 CECH/hours, includes 3 advanced hours, $30)
- Using MAP-IT to Plan for Healthy People 2020 (7.5 CECH/hours, includes 4 advanced hours, $30)
- Using MAP-IT to Implement (Part 1) for Healthy People 2020 - Obtaining Support and Implementing Initiatives (9 CECH/hours, 3.5 advanced hours, $30)
- Using MAP-IT to Implement (Part 2) for Healthy People 2020 - Manage Human and Fiscal Resources (10 CECH/hours, 6.5 advanced hours, $30)
- Using MAP-IT to Track Healthy People 2020 (8.5 CECH/hours, 3 advanced hours, coming soon, $30)
- Additional Healthy People related courses
Health Reform II: the Final Bills Signed into Law (7.0 CECH/hours, 3 advanced hours, $25)
Social Marketing: Health Promotion Planning Using the Social Marketing Approach (10.5 CECH, includes 4.5 advanced hours, $30)
The New Government Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans (6.0 CECH/hours, 3 advanced hours, $25)
Social Marketing Overview (2.0 CECH/hours, 1 advanced hour, $10)
Health Marketing: Commercial Marketing Strategies to Improve Health (5.0 CECH/hours, 2.5 advanced, $25)
Become a Very Good Health Education Resource Person on Health Reform (covers history of health reform and bills leading up to the final passed bills) (5.0 CECH/hours, 2.5 advanced, $19.99)
Easy Registration from each Course Page (looks like this on each course page)
- Self-Study Course Fee: $xx (refundable within 60-days of sign-up)
- Online registration using PayPal via debit/credit card or check
- After payment you can click to print a receipt. Be sure to click on the Return to Merchant button to get guidelines to complete the course efficiently
- Registration using check or money order, download and print registration form
- Thank you for signing up web page
|All course pdf files and forms are best viewed and tests completed using Adobe Reader
NCHEC Participant Course Evaluation Summary (PDF, from social marketing self-study course)
Overall Quality of Course: 4.4 to 4.8 (1 = Very Poor, 5 = Excellent)
Continuing Education Self-study Courses with +/- 0.5 hours of reading assignments per total course units often with and audio files (mp3). Hours were determined using average reading speeds of 250 words per minute. Take TF, multiple choice and short answer post-tests and pass with score of ≥70%.